Prose Cadieres Coteaux du Languedoc Saint Georges Orques 2015

Prose Cadieres Coteaux du Languedoc Saint Georges Orques 2015  - Les Marchands Restaurant & Wine Shop
$20.00
Add to Cart

New find! We tasted this on a casual Thursday afternoon and it was our WOTT! Wine Of The Tasting! You have to be careful in the Languedoc. Aromatics in the regional blends have some funky notes, which might make some newcomers want to shop elsewhere. This one however, “so fresh and so clean.” This property has got to be a visual display, only six miles from the Mediterranean, outside the western city limits of Montpellier. Bertrand de Mortillet has been in charge of the domaine since his first harvest in 1995. His parents, Alexandre and Patricia, founded the property with a love for farming Vermentino, at the behest of friends in the village of Patrimonio, Corsica who felt the climate and soils in Saint Georges d’Orques matched up well. Bertrand has been certified organic since 2004 and in 2016 his Demeter certification will be official. The ‘Cadières’ is a blend of 70% Grenache with the remaining 30% coming from Cinsault, Mourvedre, and Syrah. Pair with cassoulet, rosemary roast chicken, and grilled pork tender.

Label I.Q.: Saint Georges d’Orques is a designated commune inside the Coteaux.



Technical Information
  • Blend 70% Grenache, remaining 30% Cinsault, Mourvedre, and Syrah
  • Country France
  • Region Languedoc Roussillon