The house and gardens of Chandon de Briailles were built between 1690-1705,
designed by the same architect responsible for the ‘Château de Versailles’. The current owners are the Count and Countess Aymard-Claude de Nicolay, inherited from their grandmother who purchased the property in 1834. The domaine owns 13 hectares of vines in the villages of Savigny, Pernand, and Aloxe-Corton where organic principles began in 1995, with biodynamic farming practices in place since 2005. They own a small 1.12 hectares in ‘Les Bressandes’ and their vines average 35 years of age. Depending on the vintage they employ 50%-70% whole cluster fermentation and the resulting wines represent the elegance, power, and structure of the Corton appellation.