We are consistently asked, "What kind of wine do you buy?"
Finally, this is a chance to capitalize on that curiosity. Expand your knowledge of producers, regions, varietals, and vintages by having the answers delivered right to your front door through the Les Marchands Wine Club Series.
Les Marchands Wine Merchant brings you wines of significance - 3 bottles per month.
$99 per shipment (plus applicable tax and shipping)
Two bottles of wine to push your boundaries from far-flung regions, and in peculiar styles.
$39 - $59 (plus applicable tax and shipping)
72 countries in the world make wine. How many have you experienced? The Outliers Club offers an opportunity to explore wines from "new" old world regions, not just the handful of countries that most often get top billing. Have you ever had a Hárslevelu from Hungary? How about a Bogdanuša from Croatia? The world of wine is so much richer than most people realize - let's go on an adventure.
What do we mean when we say “new” old world regions? Let’s use an example - Somló in northwest Hungary. They have been making wine in Somlo since the 17th century. This makes it an old world region but “new” to you. Right? Not only will we include wines from those “new” old world regions but we will also include wines that may be from new world regions that are made in a weird or unusual way. Ever had an orange wine or a pet-nat? Mind you, the wines we select won’t just be unusual for unusual’s sake but will be delicious as well. Anyone can throw a couple of weird wines in a box but our goal is to find the ones that will take you to the edge of your wine comfort zone and then bring you back to safety ready for another sip.
* The Outliers Wine Club will include 2 bottles and is between $39 and $59 per month (plus applicable tax and shipping).
* The Outliers Wine Club is aimed towards small, grower-producer winemakers, long standing family histories, a mindset of caring for the vineyards naturally, and hands off winemaking practices. A sense of place is important.
* Wine descriptions included…tasting notes, food pairings, and producer highlights.
* Club payment applied monthly.
* Shipments commence on or around the 3rd Monday of each month.
* If you prefer to pickup your allocation we can accommodate that request.
* We recommend shipping to your office address for easy delivery Monday to Friday. FedEx, UPS, and GSO will not leave a wine shipment on your home doorstep. By law, the package will require an adult signature.
Two to three bottles of Santa Barbara County wine each month.
$79 per shipment (plus applicable tax and shipping)
We believe Santa Barbara County has the raw potential to sit right alongside the top winegrowing regions in the world. Our mission is to highlight producers who are making that potential a reality. A vast region showing cool coastal influences to the west and warmer plots with expansive diurnal temperature variations in the east, it is an extensive canvas for numerous varieties. Podium level soils from ancient beach and
diatomaceous earth alongside chirt and limestone create a region that has
gained praise from critics to sommeliers to collectors. Many of which are pegging Santa Barbara County as the wine region that will gain the most global prominence over the next ten years. Created by the team at Les Marchands, the SBC Wine Club will be a mix of hard to find gems, recognizable names, and up and
coming young producers.
Don't believe us? Give a read to Antonio Galloni's Sept 2017 article about the region:
* The SBC Wine Club will include two or three bottles and is $79 monthly (plus applicable tax and shipping).
Two to three highly allocated Burgundy wines a month.
$249 per month (plus applicable tax and shipping).
Les Marchands Wine Merchant will take the guesswork out of Burgundy. We have made a career out of exploring this blessed rabbit hole and those who have gone before can attest that few descents are more thrilling. If you have been bitten by the Burgundy bug than welcome to paradise. Our network of importers will eliminate the challenge of finding producers with history and exceptional pedigree.* The Grand Cru Wine Club is $249 per month (plus applicable tax and shipping).
Two to three unique wines each month…value & quality.
$49 per shipment (plus applicable tax and shipping)